DUBAI Travel Guide - Where To Stay, Where To Shop, Where To Visit
As you all know, my favourite place to go for winter sun is Dubai, it is also a great place for a summer holiday, if you can cope with the heat! I love everything about Dubai, it is well-known for luxury shopping, ultra modern architecture and a lively-night life. With some of the tallest buildings in the world and best restaurants known world-wide, Dubai is the perfect place to go for a self-endulgent pamper holiday with plenty of ways to treat yourself. Many people would consider holiday packing to be their pet-hate, however I love the excitement of putting outfits together and deciding which bikini matches what dress for when I’m strolling down the sunny beach without a care in the world. Holiday shopping is my favourite kind, big sunnies and silky dresses teamed with a floppy hat is what I consider to be one of the most glamorous looks. With Dubai temperatures exceeding 100 degrees in the hottest part of the year, it is traditional to cover certain parts of your body; I would suggest you respect their culture and tradition. To help you I have prepared a list of wardrobe staples and holiday-must haves to help you pack for your summer vacation:
- Sunglasses Of course we all pack a pair of sunnies when holidaying to protect our eyes, but of course if you want to consider style; the bigger the better. I love clear frames at the moment and also a cat eye shaped lens for a glam 50’s look.
- Wedges The perfect holiday shoe, we all like a drink on holiday and the last thing you want is to be seen falling around, wedges are not only a major trend this season but are also the most comfortable and easy-to-walk in form of high heels.
- Sarong A sarong is a must have for quickly transitioning from the beach to cafe for a spot of lunch. They can be tied and worn in so many different ways and are look effortlessly beautiful, look for lightweight sheer fabrics to keep you cool but covered.
- Sun Cream It may seem obvious but many people think as they do not burn they don’t need to use sun cream, however exposing your skin to the sun’s rays can cause damage in the long run and also ages your skin.
- Portable Phone Charger When in Dubai you will be taking photographs of everything! And also listening to your fave songs when sunbathing, whilst taking family photos the last thing you want is for your phone battery to die.
- Sun Hat
- Moisturiser The most important thing to consider when in the sun is your skin, warm weather can really dry your skin out, be sure to moisturise every day. This also helps to preserve your tan longer.
- Waterproof Mascara When on vacation, it is good to let your skin breathe and try to avoid wearing makeup for beach days. However we all have something we’re not willing to let go of when show casing our natural beauty, for me its mascara, I always make sure to pack waterproof mascara. Try my favourite here.