Cape Coat | How To Style A Cape Coat
Cape coat is one fashion essemble that I look forward to wearing at this time of the year. It's also a fashion trend that is here to stay. A cape whether it's worn as a jacket, blazer, or a coat, gives a touch of elegance to your fall/winter outfits. Cape coats have been around for ages and they're pretty timeless. Some people also find a cape coat confusing to wear. Some people would prefer to go with a usual coat than a cape coat if given the choice, and wearing one can be a bit like over dressing up sometimes which is totally understandable, but there a few ways to get around wearing a cape coat. Here are my styling tips:
- Keep it simple
- Go for an all black essemble and add a color to your outfit using your cape coat just like I have done here. The cape will make it even more chic
- Wear over a straight dress, pencil skirt, and outfits that doesn't have much dramatic feel because cape coats comes with its own drama. This will help balance out your outfit perfectly.
- Since a cape is a classic, it's best pearing it with other items, like a classic hand bag, high boots or pumps, stripe shirts, the list goes on.
- For a more vintage look, button your cape coats all the way up and choose one with a collar
- Wearing a cape coat over a long sleeved outfit is always a great idea.